17 - A Shot, Here We Go!





If you have fully watched the video above, you must know by now that I have seen Girls' Generation's latest (and greatest) music video, "Party." What a song, but sadly, it is a summer-themed song (I am a person who prefers the cold and rainy season instead of the hot summer). Honestly, I love the monsoon (rainy) season more than the summer. Although it is raining heavily outside (heavy enough for classes to be suspended), that won't stop my summer and party-ish vibe!

Lemon soju, tequila, mojito, and other party-related items aside, I am actually on a good roll. My biggest milestone this week was when I got accepted into APC Speaks, woo! Party time! We can’t stop, stop, stop, yeogin party time!


*Suddenly plays Jessica Jung's "So Much Better" in the background.
Is that my name up on that list? Does someone know I exist? Is this a mistake? Am I even awake? Yes! I feel so much better than before. Honestly speaking, my name ORIGINALLY WAS NOT ON THAT LIST. In fact, it seems as if I was the last person to be added to the Public Speaking Cluster of APC Speaks. Yesterday morning, while I was in Ma'am Ceres' class, I received a text message that congratulated me and said that I got through the screening and now a member of APC Speaks. As first I said to myself, "What? What do you mean I got in? I checked the list yesterday and, to my dismay, my name was not on any of the lists. Maybe some prankster decided to pull a prank on those who did not get through the screening. I am pretty sure this is a prank. My name was not on the list, I am sure of it."

During my lunch break, I went to the library and I rechecked the list. My name was still not there.
Since my name on the list when I rechecked, there was still some confusion on what I should believe. Should I believe the text message or should I believe the Facebook page? Luckily, the Public Relations Minister of APC Speaks, Abigail Viray, was able to sort things out. To my surprise, I really got in!

Well boys, that means something. Us joining APC Speaks means that someone looked at our name and decided to take a shot on us. A shot, an attempt, a chance at something big. Time to prove to them that, despite being the last member added, I can improve and show that I am worthy of that shot. A shot at something was the thing I needed.



A shot, here we go!

Popular Posts

7 - Repeating the Same Mistakes

12 - Character

29 - Missing My First Term