13.5 - Rebuilding from the Ground Up

Remember that post where I said that I would focus on having a personality that is based off Seohyun's personality? Yeah, I was not kidding about that, and I was very serious about that post. When I said that I would consider on "building" a personality that is based off the proper and bookworm-ish image of Seohyun, I really meant it.




Before we start, let us think for a while who Seohyun really is and what her personality is like (even though I have never met her and I never will). Seohyun (Seo Ju Hyun) is a member of the Korean girl group Girls' Generation. She is the maknae (the youngest member) of the group. She is known for being one of the singers in the popular Girls' Generation sub-unit TaeTiSeo (Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun).





A lot of people see Seohyun as a proper and well-behaved young lady because that is the image she upholds. She is known by many Sones for having a bookworm-ish image, and she constantly reminds the members of Girls' Generation (as well as the fans) that eating junk foods is not healthy. She is the perfect role model for me. Sure, she may be different now compared to her back then (or even in the debut days where she really did not talk much), but that is what happens when you become popular (I suppose). Despite that, she is still the same Seohyun we all know and love, and I am sure nothing will change that.

You might be wondering why I chose Seohyun as the basis for my new personality, right?

To tell you the truth, I am not using Seohyun as the only basis for my new personality, but I am also using other proper role models (Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Jr., and even Dr. Jose Rizal) as the basis for my new personality, but Seohyun will be at it's core.

I chose Seohyun because . . . I envy her. Yeah, I actually envy her for having an upright and proper image. Her well-mannered behavior is something that I envy and want to have. It might sound weird, but I actually hate being the loud and noisy guy (who curses a lot) in class. I am sick and tired of being that guy. I want to value reading, writing, literature and intelligence for once, instead of mindless FPS games and sitting on my chair facing the laptop screen the whole day. I want to see myself as a proper, well-mannered, and polite young gentleman instead of being a loud and noisy buffoon in a business attire.

Because of the things aforementioned here, I have decided that Seohyun will form the basis for my new personality—a personality that upholds a proper image. I would literally do anything just to get a personality like that. In fact, over the next few months or so, I am highly considering that my my old personality—along with my fragmented beliefs, ideals, and ideologies—be tossed out the window.



It might come as a shock to you, but I actually want to respect my elders, clean the room, do chores, and read a lot of books. And hey, I am not using this as a scheme or as a ploy to get girls to like me, that is not my goal here. I am doing this for myself and for my future. To tell you the truth, after the transition to my new Seohyun-like personality, I might not even want a girlfriend at all. If the transition is successful, I will focus on my studies and later (in my late 20's or so) focus on having a love life. Seohyun was able to do it, and she still does not have a boyfriend right now, so I am sure I can do it.

The main key in this whole transition is discipline. Without it, this whole project would fall apart. If I do not learn the fundamental keys to this transition, which is discipline and focus, then this project would immediately and inevitably fail.

So I am asking myselfpersuading myselfto follow the right path. To do the right thing.

That is all for now, wish me luck on this and hope that the transition towards this new personality will be a smooth one.

Popular Posts

30 - The End

7 - Repeating the Same Mistakes

12 - Character