14 - Clearing Up

Some of my blockmates are still having some problems about blogging and I am here to help clarify some confusion about the assignment Sir Dustin gave us.

First and foremost, THIS IS A BLOG POST. A POST. This is called A BLOG POST.

You are supposed to make blog posts. They are POSTS in a BLOG. They are like Facebook posts. This is a blog post, NOT A BLOG. A blog is a SITE. It is like a WEBSITE. My blockmates usually say, "Ilan gagawin na blog?" [How many blogs are we supposed to make?]. I usually respond with "Isa lang" [Only one] because we only need to make one blog anyway. You do not say "Ilan Facebook na nagawa mo? Nabasa mo ba yung Facebook ni Juan dela Cruz?" [How many Facebooks have you made? Have you read the Facebook of Juan dela Cruz?]. There is a difference between a blog and the posts in a blog.

Second, post titles. You should have a post title and the post title cannot and should not be the title of your blog. Here, I will give you an example:



I have seen some of my blockmates make the title of their blog the title of their first post and, quite frankly, the blog title should not be the title of the first post. It is redundant. It is superfluous. Your blog title should be something else, say for example Footsteps Around the World or The Wonderful World of Juan dela Cruz, or something like that.


Third, and this also concerns some of my blockmates, ADD A POST TITLE. Some of you might be wondering why some of your posts are showing up as Untitled in my Reading List. That is because you forgot to put the post title in the post box. You might argue that you added a post title, and that you have enlarged it using a bold tool in order for other people to see.

You literally cannot miss it, it is to the left of the Publish button.
Please, do not leave this blank.


For one, you cannot edit the post title with the bold tool (unless you are editing it in Template Designer). And two, Blogger still will not recognize the title IF it is in the body of the post.

Right


WRONG



Lastly, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I have another tutorial here if you have questions on how to make a blog on Blogger. I may not be online all the time because of my "Seohyunification process," but I will try to check my Facebook messages every now and then.

That is all for now and happy blogging, blockmates and fellow APCians!

Popular Posts

30 - The End

7 - Repeating the Same Mistakes

12 - Character